Friday 31 August 2012

Third time's a charm

Well on the last day of summer for 2012 I feel that the sun is shining on my job as well as on my washing outside...

Since my last blog the jobs have been coming on rather nicely; one job to to translate extracts of a wedding speech and the second is for a project I am to be the editor of for a company in America - a project of no less than 17,700 words; so I'm thinking this one probably won't be done in less than two hours...

I also never realised that there was actual translation software out there - my thoughts were always, well I've got my laptop (ie. word reference) and I've got my dictionary, what more could I possibly need?! However, I have found that with this new software, you can translate an entire document and the database will log every word/sentence so that you never have to look up of repeat the same thing twice. It's all very new to me and I will be the first to admit that I am slightly overwhelmed by it all but I sort of feel like I'm now a professional as I have this MemoQ tool on my computer. I also got called a businesswoman yesterday....seriously. 

Today marks yet another momentous event for the business - I finally get a real desk to work at as opposed to breaking my back over the lowest coffee table ever made everyday, AND I may even go and get myself an office chair from Staples as the last one I had my eye on (mentioned in my first blog) was cruelly taken from me in a bidding war at an auction...

So as we go in to September, things are (at the moment) looking rather rosy. Right, I must get back to working out how this MemoQ software works or I may not have a job after all.

Á bientôt mes amis!

No comments:

Post a Comment